Sea to Sky Network Solutions is a dynamic, fast-growing managed services and IT solutions provider in Vancouver BC. We’re currently looking for a talented support technician to join our team.
You will be supporting multiple customers, and be responsible for taking accountability for seeing issues through from beginning to completion. The successful candidate will be providing frontline support for our extensive customer base, and needs to be motivated and able to adapt a variety of client environments and problem scenarios. This position consists of approximately 60% in-office and 40% onsite work, within the Greater Vancouver area.
Some of your responsibilities will include – but are definitely not limited to:
– Responding to support requests submitted via phone, e-mail, or our customer support portal within timelines defined by our SLA.
– Performing trouble ticket ‘triage’ to determine severity of issue and escalating as appropriate.
– Performing routine server and infrastructure maintenance, as defined by our Managed Services contracts.
– Working with our Technical Lead to ensure problems are addressed by the appropriate resource.
– Being accountable for time management, and hitting billable time targets as defined by management.
– Keeping extremely accurate documentation of client environments, problem resolution, and internal systems.
– Keeping Customer Service First – being polite, friendly, and approachable at all times.
– Managing time effectively – often handling dozens of open tickets at various stages of resolution.
– Keeping up with current industry standards and product releases.
– Providing guidance and instruction to end users on new systems, software, etc.
– Providing sales support when dealing with customers who are in a position to require new hardware or software – product guidance and recommendations included.
A valid BC driver’s license is required – as is a car in safe and drivable condition.
Some valuable experience would include:
– 2+ years in the IT consulting industry, or a helpdesk role
– Microsoft certifications (ie. MCSE, MCITP, etc)
– CompTIA certifications (A+, Network+, etc)
Thorough understanding of, and experience with:
– Windows XP, Vista, 7
– Mac OS X
– Windows Server 2003, 2008, SBS 2003, SBS 2008, SBS 2011
– Exchange 2003, 2007, 2010
– SQL 2005, 2008
– Active Directory
– Terminal Services
– Enterprise Antivirus (Symantec)
– Enterprise Backup (Symantec)
– Firewalls/Routing/Switching/VPN/SSL-VPN (Juniper knowledge an asset)
– Hardware Troubleshooting
– MS Office 2003, 2007, 2010
– Virtualization (Xen Server & VMWare)
– EqualLogic an Asset
– Fibre Channel Storage (EMC) an Asset
– Communications Cabling Knowledge an Asset
The successful candidate will be willing to certify for multiple vendors, including Dell, MS, Juniper, etc.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, in English, in both verbal and written forms, are required in order to provide a high level of service to our customers.
You will be working both independently and on a team for different projects – throughout the day you’ll have constant communication with teammates regarding the status of different issues. During team meetings, you’ll be expected to report on the status of your different tasks and projects, and be willing to meet with customers as required to resolve issues.
Please submit a cover letter detailing your work experience, your technical history, why you want this job and your expected compensation. A detailed resumé is also required.
You can contact Mike at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this position.