Today’s workspaces continue to evolve with the rapid changes in technology. Therefore, companies and institutions need to leverage innovative strategies to stay efficient and relevant in the highly competitive environment. Initially, entities would rely on programs in physical computers and servers within the premises to store crucial business information. However, cloud services have grown to be the ideal option for storing growing collections of files and data.
It is time to switch to the cloud
At its core, the cloud allows you to store and access your data from an external location. It offers unlimited storage, and the best thing about it is that it is more affordable. Also, it ensures convenience in different ways. Due to its many benefits, the future is promising for companies that switch to the cloud.
Experts predict that by 2020, 41 percent of entity workloads will run on cloud platforms like IBM Cloud, Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and others. Another 20 percent will run on private cloud options, followed by an additional 22 percent that is expected to run on hybrid cloud platforms. On-premise workloads, on the other hand, are predicted to decline from the current 37 percent to 27 percent.
So why should you migrate to cloud storage? Let us explore.
- Accessibility and usability – Cloud storage allows users to drag and drop files easily. Saving all your data and files can be simply done even without any technical knowledge. Furthermore, you only need a few clicks to access all your stored data from anywhere.
- Collaboration tools – The process of moving data between different devices is not only tedious but also annoying. Similarly, sharing huge files through emails lowers efficiency and productivity in the long run. However, cloud computing comes with collaborative tools that allow peers to view and edit data remotely.
- Easy to migrate and implement – Data storage on the cloud simplifies backup with the aid of automation. You can schedule backup sessions in the background without interrupting your daily operations. The only thing you have to do is choose whatever data to backup and when the process should begin. Furthermore, you can easily implement the strategy by running it alongside physical servers for some time.
- Mobility opportunities – The current connectivity world allows people to work from any location, and nothing comes in handy than cloud computing. Since you can access the same data from different devices in distinct locations, you are not required to update the data in each gadget.
- Cost-cutting – Organizations and businesses can significantly lower the annual expenses through cloud storage. It stands as a more affordable option since you do not need to purchase any equipment. Furthermore, you do not need to pay a dedicated IT specialist for server maintenance.
- Scalability – Hosting data on the cloud allows for both horizontal and vertical scaling, and you will only pay for the specific resources you use. Depending on your needs, you can easily scale the hosting environment and define any attributes for the scaling. As such, you end up with larger storage space and more flexibility.
- Data security – Switching your business to the cloud is a more secure option, with 94 percent of businesses reporting an improvement in security. Its storage solutions are reliable, and the data is usually encrypted to prevent unauthorized individuals from accessing it. You are also safe from hardware failure that may lead to the loss of crucial business data.
- Data recovery – Losing crucial data for your business could lead to huge losses, so you must have a backup strategy. Cloud storage is the ideal backup plan for many businesses as it limits catastrophic losses. Furthermore, you can quickly restore any backed data with minimal downtime.
- Space efficiency – After migrating to cloud storage, you will do away with storage devices that occupied space within the premises. Your organization also will benefit from virtual storage space, hence no need for additional room for servers.
Only three of the benefits above are enough to convince businesses to migrate to the cloud. Adding the rest further emphasizes how you may be missing out on opportunities if you have not moved yet.
Let a service provider help with the migration
The implementation may be smooth, but companies seeking to integrate cloud storage into their IT infrastructure may still require expert assistance. Cloud computing consulting agencies offer technology services such as development, consulting, support, testing, and customization services. Reliable agencies provide end-to-end expertise in their cloud solutions with a consultative-driven approach.
Given the opportunities that come with cloud integration, working with a cloud computing consultant could lead to even more benefits. Migration to the cloud would involve the combination of both scalable and classic cloud architectures. So it is eminent that you seek the assistance of a provider with skill sets in both legal and engineering architectures, and this is where Sea to Sky Network Solutions comes in.
You can rely on us for the best practices, insights, and apt guidance during the migration process. From storage resources and legacy infrastructure to the scalable cloud, there is no limit to the benefits of our cloud services.
Cloud computing has gone beyond the years when it was just an innovation that people found questionable. It improves data security, cuts on costs, and enables faster recovery of information. Therefore, beginning to analyze any current solutions could be the best decision for your company, facility, or institution.